This 15-credit program is grounded in organization studies and leadership theories. A strong emphasis is placed on organization development technologies, practical skills, and application, including planned interventions in an organization’s “processes,” using behavioral-science knowledge. In the courses that comprise this certificate, students will have opportunities to enhance their understanding of systems thinking and learning through analyzing change for systems alignment, integrating sustainable change processes for ongoing renewal, and to initiate and increase organizational effectiveness and health.
Students can apply the credits earned for this certificate towards a Master’s degree in Leadership Studies.
Students who earn this certificate will develop their skills in:
- Diagnosing and intervening effectively at the individual, group and organization levels.
- Managing diversity, inclusion and social justice dynamics in ways that create a positive learning environment.
- Adult training and development design and delivery.
- Data collection methods such as survey feedback, assessment tools, interviewing and focus groups
- Process consultation and observation
- Thinking critically about human systems
- Relationship building
- Leading organizational changes
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Organization Development is available in a fully asynchronous online format (100% of course activities online and no on-campus meetings). Additionally, two of the required courses–LOS 500 and 501–are also available in a blended format (at least 50% of the coursework online with class meetings that can be attended in person on campus or virtually via web conferencing). For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (207) 780-4386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.