2022-2023 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2022-2023 Graduate Catalog
Welcome to the University of Southern Maine (USM) Academic Catalog
This is your official source of information for the University’s undergraduate and graduate academic programs, courses, policies, degree requirements, and procedures. This new format offers many functions and features that we hope will improve your enrollment experience.
Using the academic catalog
- CATALOG OPTIONS: You are currently in the 2022-2023 USM Academic Graduate Catalog. If you’re looking for the 2022-2023 USM Undergraduate Academic Catalog, please use the drop-down menu near the top of this page to select a catalog. If you would like to view an academic catalog from previous years, please click here.
- HELP: Click on the “question mark” icon located in the top, right-hand corner of each page if you need assistance.
- PERSONALIZED CATALOG: The “My Catalog Bookmarks” feature allows you to browse the online catalog and store courses and program information for later viewing.
- PRINTING: Print only what you want to print. Click on the printer icon in the top, right-hand corner of each page or text box.
- NAVIGATION AND LINKS: In addition to the navigation pane at the left of the screen, many pages have navigation menus at the top of the page. Clicking on the link will take you directly to the related content within the page. Click on “Back to the Top” on the lower-right side of the screen to move back to the top of the page.
- NAVIGATION IN COURSE DESCRIPTIONS: The course titles are “show/hide” links to the complete course descriptions. Click on the course title once to “show” the complete course description. Click on the course title again to “hide” the complete course description.
- SEARCH: An advanced search function, found on the left side of the page, will allow you to search for academic information by course prefix and number, program names or type, exact match, or descriptive phrases.
Download the USM Catalog User’s Guide (PDF, 7.5 MB)
Questions or Feedback?
We’d like to hear what you think about our online catalog. Please contact the Office of Registration and Scheduling Services if you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas to enhance your USM catalog experience.